Purpose of the workshop
Lean about how to apply for the Finodex project and maybe get startup funding from the EU-Commission to create your MVP and help innovation to grow in the EU.
- Dare2Mansion, Vermundsgade 13, 2100 Østerbro, DK
- 16:00 -19:00
- October 10
- 16:00 - 16:15 - Welome
- 16:15 - 16:45 - Open Data presentation
- 16:45 - 17:15 - Presentation of FiWare catalogue
- 17:15 - 18:00 - Presentation of Finodex
- 18:00 - 19:00 - Networking
About the Finodex program
Finodex is a virtual accelerator program where you can get funded with 10,000 EUR for a start, and if you manage to make it to the next phases, further funding from 40,000 EUR up to 170K EUR. Finodex is a project co-funded by the European Union to support SME's and Web Entrepreneurs to develop product and service.
There are not strings attached to this funding besides following the program.
- You need to have an idea for a product or a service that uses open data on some level.
- You are an early stage entrepreneur and have an idea, or your are a registered company which fits into the EU’s definition of a SME.
- You use open data to some extend direct or in-direct.
- You use one of the tools from this catalogue of cloud tools/services powered by the EU-Commission.
- Finodex focuses on ideas within these areas: transportation, health, finance & energy though some ideas outside these areas will also be selected.
FINODEX will organise two different open calls for proposers that will follow identical procedures. It is divided in four different phases. Each call will be under a competitive scheme and a limited number of proposals will be retained at each different phase. The process is shown in the following diagram.
Finodex will organize 2 open calls. One in Autumn 2014 and one in Spring 2015. This means that the calls are not open yet. But you can sign up to our list and we will get back to you Sign up.
What do you get
If your project is selected, Finodex will offer you the following support:
Funds to SMEs and Web entrepreneurs selected through the open calls. You get the money for developing a MVP.
Support during the open calls (FAQ, pre-proposal check service etc.), and during the lifetime of the project implementation (follow-up services: technical and business support services)
Targeted and tailored training and information services to supported projects for the development of business plans, technical knowledge on FI-Ware and Open Data
Useful connections and contacts with other stakeholders participating in the same programme
CHANCES OF NEXT LEVEL INVESTMENT
Access to a network of private investors and investment companies that can help you take the ideas to the next level.